Crops and Retreats

Wednesday 4 May 2011

May Guest Designer

Please meet Emy Buxton - you can read all about her on her blog HERE
She has been beavering away making some stunning designs for us not only designing LOs for us BUT she has also make them into easy to follow tutorials

So over to Emy - enjoy..............

“Look Learn Laugh Love” layout



You will need:


Patterned papers, including

Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Paper - Caraway Seeds

Maya Road Kraft Doilies

Scalloped circle punch or Nestabilitie

Butterfly

Jesse James buttons – Au Jardin Whisper

Maya Road chipboard set – Blossoms 1

Maya Road chipboard alphabet mini set – Caroline

White acrylic paint

Pink ink pad

Lace

Border punch

Sewing machine


· So I’ll start with a confession… this is the second attempt at this page. I made one page with this photo and title and I just didn’t like it. I’m learning that I love texture on pages and my first attempt was too flat.

· I added texture to this page by putting some folds into the lace border before stitching it to the page. I also stitched the circles in a line and folded up the sides to add more dimension. This layering could remain in an album if adhesive foam pads are used behind the circles.

· I painted all my chipboard elements with white acrylic and then inked with a pink ink pad. I also inked the edges of the scalloped circles, kraft doilies and border punch strips. I used buttons as flower centres.


See you soon with more from Emy

No comments: