Crops and Retreats

Wednesday 1 June 2011

more deliciousness from Katherine

and today we are sharing another FABULOUS LO from Katherine

'Surfs Up'

Katherine says - The moment I saw these papers I knew the photo I was going to use with them – it is from our holiday in France and the kids having a go at body boarding (which the adults had lots of fun with too).

Supplies

click on the links to be taken direct to our store

Teresa Collins – Board walk – Hibiscus
Teresa Collins – Board walk – Surf’s Up
White Bazzill
Orange acrylic paint
MLS crème brulee alphabet
Brown ink pad
Black gel pen
Buttons
String
Lace
Stapler
Sewing machine
3d foam

1. I cropped and mounted the photo on some white card, and doodled a black rectangle around it. I cut two sections of the Hibiscus paper out, and inked and ruffled the edges. I then stitched both of these pieces so they were ready for mounting on the card stock.

2. I cut out some surfboards and other elements from both papers.

3. Next I bubble wrote the word surfs – though you could find a font and print it on the computer or equally use any old stickers up for this. I cut out the letters and stuck them to the page with repositionable glue. I mixed my acrylic paint to match the orange in the papers as best I could and then put a thick layer across the title and a little bit below. I then watered down some of the acrylic and did some paint splatters with my brush.

4. I peeled off my letters and then drew around the outline with a black gel pen once all the paint was dry. I also added the My Little Shoebox mini alpha for the word up and I stitched across the 2 letters.

5. I then started sticking my pieces down, starting with the papers behind the photo, and I added a strip of orange lace to the edge. I placed the surfboards on the other side of the photo and used 3d foam to add some height to the middle board. I also layered up the little tag strip in the bottom left hand corner.

6. I threaded some orange buttons onto a piece of string which I stapled on either side of the photo. My stapler is only a short one, so for the bottom 2 staples I made small holes and pushed the staples through myself and bent the arms back. I then added a little journaling to the side.




1 comment:

Vicky (yes me!) said...

Like the blog Lorraine :) Good to see ScrapRevolution doing so well.